Sunrise over the Carribean

Flems

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Heres a recent shot from a trip to Mexico. This one is from along the shorelines in Xcaret. It was my first time in the Mayan Riviera, I'll be sure to go back!

Enjoy and, as always, feel free to leave any comments or critiques!

426844_10151348820225354_604775353_23189508_1122938742_n.jpg

I like the over all composition, but the exposure and fog effect just doesn't cut it. There is no real contrast. The water movement in the lower right is hard to detect.

If you had moved the photo composition to the right some, or used a wide angle, the wave movement would have looked great. The haze seems a bit distracting to me. But, I really like the palm tree bending in the wind and the look of the clouds. An overall nice picture, other than the foginess.

Heres a recent shot from a trip to Mexico. This one is from along the shorelines in Xcaret. It was my first time in the Mayan Riviera, I'll be sure to go back!

Enjoy and, as always, feel free to leave any comments or critiques!

426844_10151348820225354_604775353_23189508_1122938742_n.jpg

They often arent worth much, but a good UV filter would have been your best friend here :)

Thanks for the input everyone.

@Scuba
The haze is actually from fogging of the lens due to humidity.

I thought I'd give a shot at editing it, I dont mind the result, but like most of you, I wish it were a tad contrastier.

Flems said:
Thanks for the input everyone.

@Scuba
The haze is actually from fogging of the lens due to humidity.

I thought I'd give a shot at editing it, I dont mind the result, but like most of you, I wish it were a tad contrastier.

Had you just walked outdoors? The humidity should only affect the lens if the glass is cooler then the ambient temp. The fog will go away if you let the glass warm up.

My camera was actually in my bag from Pearson Intl to Cancun. I didnt take it out till sunrise, clearly forgetting to acclimate the camera upon arrival. The camera and lons fogged up pretty bad and I just brought it back to the room for a bit. Missed the primetime light though... :(

Heres another shot from a different day with a few tweaks in PS

6956652815_804447f1cf_b.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back