cigrainger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
sunrise-2.jpg

I shot this handheld in front of my house with a Pentax K100D on Aperture Priority (around f/11) with the contrast and saturation bumped slightly on the camera and a bit in photoshop, and I had the white balance on the cloudy setting on the camera. Used the stock lens with Hoya Multicoated UV and Circular Polarizing filters.

What can I do to improve this?

What can I do to improve this?
What do you feel is lacking? What do you think would improve this?

It's a photo of a sunset, nothing more, nothing less...what were your goal or ideas for taking the shot?

For a proper critique, the viewer has to have some idea of what the photographer/artists was trying to do. That way, we can judge whether that idea is communicated. If you are asking if we think it's pretty...that's another question and the answers would really do you any good, either way.

Do you see what I'm driving at?

That being said...here is my opinion. Personally, I'd like to see something in the foreground, somthing to ground the shot. The waves tell me that it must be close to the shore but I'd maybe like to see something closer at hand, to give it scale and grounding. Or, going the other way...maybe I'd like to see something besides the setting sun, to add interest. A sail boat or a ship, out on the water etc.

the photo is nice, but i think being able to see more details in the foreground would greatly add to the photo. although the attention is drawn the rays of light peeking through the clouds, the overwhelming darkness of the water subtracts from the overall "feel" of the photo.

not bad tho.

Most reactions

Back