Sunset and storm combo...

karissa

The Untitled
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I loved the color I saw at the time I took the pictures.... and because my house is on a hill... it's hard not to get that slant feeling but if you went with the slant of the ground... you saw the flaw in the houses in the distance so.... what do you guys think?

set03-16-04%20009b.jpg

set03-16-04%20016c.jpg

I like the top photo there, lighting and composition is good. Only thing is that i would like to see the foreground more. The slant would be so much of in issue if the foreground bricks stood out more. Try a screening a layer in photoshot a couple of times. :)

I understand layers pretty well but I just don't quite understand what he is wanting me to do here. :? I'm hoping he will elaborate a little.

Actually a lot.... :D

I love strokes of sunlight! The storm clouds add a scary mysterious twist!

Now, if I was to play devil's advocate I would say. Photoshop is a great tool, but (much like film) why spend time in the darkroom when you could be out shooting. I always concentrate on getting it right in the camera. It looks like you have done that. Plus judging exposure over a million different monitors is a little rough. :D

Craig, thanks for your wonderful comments. The clouds turned out to be all bark and no bit! I tried my best to capture the site but even my best efforts didn't do them any justice. I'm still learning.

Vonnagy, thanks so much for your help. I did see that wonderful lesson however, I did not realize this was what you where referring to. I will sit down and play sometime and see what I can do. Thanks for helping out this clueless blonde.

Landscapes and sunsets are tough because they will always be more vivid in your mind's eye. Keep at it. Personally I will be learning photography for the rest of my natural life. That is one of the things I love about it.

Most reactions

Back