Sunset at Port Jefferson Harbor

Joel_W

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Still sunset started out as a straight 3 photograph HDR image. After that I added a Magenta, then a blue filter. Not so sure I didn't go way too far. CC's really needed on this one.

Port Jefferson Harbor by jaw101, on Flickr

I know what you mean, for me the magenta is a bit too much, I would love to see what it looked like before adding the additional filters.

THe neat thing tho, it is great fun to experiment and see what will happen .

I like the second one better but can you try to use both and set the first one at 50% opacity above the second image and post results?

I can certainly see why you decided to take the original and work with other colors, but i would agree with vip on backing off the magenta and see if that works better.

The second one looks very underexposed, at least on my monitor.

Ann, this all started with I saw a video on Adorama about using a Magenta filter for night sunsets. So I picked one of the few I had that I thought would benefit from it. The before isn't much better then the after.

Vipgraphx, are you saying to use both images in a HDR image? Will take a shot at it, and post it up.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/members/110169.html

user-offline.png

Just use the two you have already posted with the magenta layer on top with a 50% opacity. Maybe heaven adjust colors once you flatten them.

I must have deleted the magenta image as I can't locate it. The original image is certainly under exposed for what I was trying to accomplish. I'll try to do a little more post editing and see if I can improve either one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back