Anyway same as it ever was, Olympus Camedia 3.3 P/S

Best to All,
AltLars

AltLars said:
I was hoping that the bush was going to add to the picture,
I think it did, it added some crap.
AltLars

lol, nice way of putting it!

i struggle with this sort of composition myself, the foliage can sometimes be too distracting if you don't get it just right.

the twigs seem to be more in focus than the chairs and stuff on the jetty/peir. maybe a longer depth of field would have helped. and maybe squashing down the ones diretly infront of the chairs

I think that if you crop off the bottom to the point where there's water all the way across the frame (or almost to that point) then it makes it look like the chairs are higher up, or the shot was aimed higher... it's hard to explain. But just by scrolling the window so that the bottom of the image is cropped, I think it looks good that way. It also, to my eye, makes for a more pleasing aspect ratio... a wider, landscape-style image. Makes it look more expansive. Also, it would've been really cool if someone had been sitting in one of the chairs!

Anyway, just my two cents...

I was in Ephraim (Door County) Wisconsin with my wife for a 4 night get-away. I was at another beach down the road from the chairs taking some other crappy pictures and the sun went down behind the tree line. I remembered seeing the chairs from earlier in the day and we drove to this spot. The sun was just starting to go down and I quickly set up the tripod.
The camera used is a 3.3megapixel point and shoot. I had it on manual exposure and used f11. It was on autofocus as I cannot see the LCD screen well enough to manual focus.

It is my hope to improve my picture taking ability by using my camera, trying to push it to its limits as I hope that will help me that much more when I go after the Olympus e-300, a couple of extra lenes and those gizmos that you can screw on the end.

Thanks to all that took a peek at this photo and thanks a bunch to those that took the time to write.

Best to all,
AltLars

Most reactions

Back