Sunset colours

bennyboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi

I composed this shot trying to capture as much of the colour in this beautiful sunset as I could. I'm happy with the colours I caught (no editing in PS) but I feel like something is missing that makes all the difference between a nice photo and a really great photo.

Any ideas? Anyone like it just the way it is?

SunsetColours.jpg

Be as harsh as you like, I have thick skin :D

A wider (or better yet, panoramic shot) would be excellent! And I wish I could see more ground. What little you have shown here only makes me want to see more :(
The colors are beautiful! Great job!

There really isn't a reference point. The horizon line is to low. Cool clouds and colors though.

What seems to be missing is more ground room as said. The building that you have can barely be seen. I'm not sure what the ground around the shot looked like, but maybe it would have worked better if you had tilted the camera down just enough to get a bit of ground, with the building, and still keeping the gorgeous sky you captured. I like how you have the building off to the left side though. Just needs a bit of ground room IMO.

Once I knew that was a building below, the building became a distraction. Although it might not conform to other's preferences, I like it because of the mood it gives. It makes feel like I'm on the beach and that I want to be there. Because I can't see the ground, it leaves a lot to the imagination.

Thanks for all of your comments people. Now that you have pointed it out I think the what I wasn't happy with was the lack of any real referance point. To be honest there was a bit more ground in the shot but I had to crop it out to straighten horizon. Mr Novice here took the shot with the coulds in a perfectly straight and level line across the shot and the horizon at a 4 or 6 degree slant :oops: :blushing:

well I like it how it is... but you know, sky should have and object there... I mean even a little bit of horizon - land, now it works great a a texture

Most reactions

Back