Rock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
christopherkimball.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
234773384-L.jpg

I took this a couple nights ago and I am very happy with the sky b ut the houses are a bit underexposed in my opinion. What do y'all think? Could I have done something different with the houses?

I thought about cropping them out but that didn't look good to me either......

Thoughts?

Thanks.

I think it's fine the way it is.

The only thing you could have done was use a graduated neutral density filter...but then the sky between the houses would be weird...
So you did fine.

I think it's pretty nice. The houses would be nice if they were gone, but a crop would hurt the picture I think.

Thanks for the comments. I tried it cropped without the houses and it just looked wrong. So I guess I will leave it with the houses but the colors of the sky just had to be caught for all time in my lens......haha.

I like the houses. They kind of ground it for me...

What night was this? I am a little south of the area and hate I missed such a beautiful sunset...

I like the houses. They kind of ground it for me...

What night was this? I am a little south of the area and hate I missed such a beautiful sunset...

I wanna say it was mid week. It had been raining and as it cleared off the sun started to set. I was on 485 N at the time and pulled over to take the photo. I am sure some people going buy thought I was loosing my mind. They don't know I lost it along time ago......haha.

Í'm kinda partial to the dark images. I have to be since most of mine are dark anyway.

The sky is beautiful and a silhouetted roofline works to be grounded as "iriairi" mentioned. Perhaps scout around the neighborhood for a better roofline though for the next opportunity.

I live in Raleigh, but hope to be moving to the Asheville area next spring.

wow that is a beautiful sky, and i do think that the houses add to the shot, a crop would take away form the overall shot

Most reactions

Back