Sunset in Ellensburg

ozbot87

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Apologies for the hiatus. Still shooting and lurking but not posting. Appreciate all the CC everyone!

Would love feedback on this one:

$Yakima-Ellensbirg Sunset-1 Bite Size.jpg

I feel like I could try to push out some green in the foreground...then again, I could have found a better place to take the shot, but it was right off the freeway and I could not find a better vantage point.

Canon SL1 w/ EF-s 10-18
Hoya Alpha UV Filter 67mm
16mm, ISO 320, 1/30 sec.
Lowered exposure and tweaked reds, oranges, and blues in LR. Also added Graduated Filter to enhance foreground.

Would really like some constructive criticism on this one.

This is very pretty. I think I would bring up the shadows, and increase contrast and clarity a bit :)

Too bad you didn't have any GND's with you. Beautiful scene, but I wish for something in the foreground...

Jake

Where's all the smoke? lol

possibly a grad or hard edge ND filter would have helped to hold back some of the sky, and expose the foreground better. I think its a bit too dark in the foreground, but the overall photo has potential to be very beautiful. Could be corrected in PS or LR, as well.

I picked up a 2-stop GND after I shot this picture (I'm piecemealing my camera kit, one component at a time). I'm hoping to try a scene like this again if the conditons are right. Per suggestion, I brought up the shadows as well as upping the contrast values as well. $Sunset1.jpg

I think what I am also going to do next time is also find a more symmetrical foreground. I'm not crazy about the foreground being off-balance like that.

i think that really turned out out to be a nice photograph now with the 2-stop nd filter. It makes quite a difference.

Most reactions

Back