Sunset/Lake please C&C

agp

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my backyard. I know the random clouds are distracting, but I just wanted to test out a long exposure shot with my X-T1 yesterday. Please C&C. Also, what's the fuzzy/white line where the land meets the water? Why isn't that smooth like the rest of the water?
Backyard Sunset by hunteryves, on Flickr

Last edited:
First off...I want your backyard!

I like the colors and the soft feel of this shot.

To me, and I could be wrong but the white line is just water off in the distance that looks different because of the lighting. Since this is your backyard, you should have plenty of time to reshoot to see if it always comes out like that, or if this was just a one off.

Like you said, some better clouds would definitely make this shot more dramatic, however no clouds would make it peaceful, so either way would work.

Ohhhh...you should set up your settings, ect, then set it to a 10 second timer, hit the shutter, then run and sit on the dock and be very still of the 30 seconds or however long this is. You would be a silhouette which might look cool.

This was a 10 second f16 iso 100 + 0.9 ND filter . This week's forecast doesn't look good for steady cloud or no cloud; there is going to be scattered clouds like the ones in the photo, which, make the lake look swampy in my opinion. I will try the timer + running in idea. Might be cool!

You have one of the sweetest backyards ever! The white line looks like a disturbance of the waters surface by wind.

First ... I want your backyard too!
Second... I like the shot.
Third... that white line may be some mist on the river, and because of the long exposure it shows like that
Fourth... looking forward to see with what you'll come up in the future, in your backyard

Thank you all for the feedback.

I'm hoping for a fog day soon. Or low hanging clouds. Or when the neighbors pull out their fancy boats. Stay tuned!

Most reactions

Back