Sunset Maine

Qu'nespe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Sunset-Beams2filtered.jpg

This is one of around 20 or so of my best photographs from this summer. It was taken with a Canon point-and-shoot (the only digital I have the means to possess).
I noticed a heavy degree of graininess throughout the image. Is that the fault of my camera's 3.2 megapixel capability or my processing? Or both?
Please let me know what you think, I am a beginner and would appreciate as much criticism as you can throw my way.

BEAUTIFUL. Looking at your photo, i don't see much grain but I'm willing to bet it's more prominent at a higher resolution. Software like NeatImage does wonders with noise.

Tried NeatImage, and it looks great. Many thanks.

I have to agree with Midget... BEAUTIFUL... very nice image. I use Noise Ninja also a great program for redusing noise. The best way to get rid of noise is to not have in the first place... Is there a way to adjust the speed of the camera? I don't know about digital, but I use ISO200 or below for a film speed and have little problem with noise. And by the way I don't see much grain... You have to look really close to see it... if you wouldn't have pointed it out I might not have caught it. Great picture

Here's a free noise program that seems to do the job

LINK

Nice image...I'm just lovin the light on the clouds!!

Hello and Welcome:hug::

This is a beautiful shot. I do not see alot of grain and nothing that neat image can't clean up. I might consider cropping out some of the blue sky but thats just me. It's a beautiful sunset regardless!!

Thank you everyone. I have tried all of your suggestions and they work wonders.
You have all made me feel very welcome here. :goodvibe:

Greetings from a fellow Mainer! Where about in Maine are you?

This is a great capture of a Maine sunset! The only "problem" I might have with it *and it's certainly not noise* is that there seems to be a big sun-spot or "lens flare" right over the sun. Not a huge deal, still a nice image.

Regarding noise,

Noise usually comes from a high ISO setting. Not sure if your camera has adjustable ISO but if it does try lowering it for these shots. And as the ISO goes down the more light you'll need resulting in a longer shutter speed. Tripod necessary! Good work.

Very beautiful. Love the sun's rays streaming through. The noise is not so prominent here, so I would'nt be too worried about it. (Maybe you updated pic though?) Anyways, great shot.

EBphotography said:
Where about in Maine are you?
I am a Californian, but my heart is an east-coaster. This picture, specifically, was taken around Skowhegan.

i think its underexposure

Most reactions

New Topics

Back