Sunset on the beach

SHUTTERHIVE

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.shutterhive.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are two shots taken in Somerset, South West England.

I am pretty happy with this shot, unfortunately the flare in the shot is a bit mucky but overall I like it.

(Apologies for the watermarks, they are linked directly from my portfolio site)

b0f344_ddad532af3594cf38aa00c6ddfa850b8~mv2.jpg

This was one of those nights where the sky erupted with colour, unfortunately my composition was facing in the opposite direction, I still managed to capture some of the colour but the sky was amazing behind me!

b0f344_20a2cc736aad4d0baf1e1e6397dd9dbc~mv2.jpg

Any thoughts/opinions?

Sometimes the most colour in the sky is 10 or 15 minutes after the sun has actually set. The light gets reflected off the higher clouds and it is usually the reds that I think you are seeing in your last posting. You have learned a valuable lesson for all landscape photographers - always keep an eye on what is behind you, particularly at the ends of the day.

Sunsets aside, I do like the second image - nice composition. It is what I would call an intimate landscape and works well with the wooden fence, the rocks on the beach, the ocean and the sky. The fence and the curve on the beach bring the viewer's eye to the sky.

WesternGuy

These are two shots taken in Somerset, South West England.

I am pretty happy with this shot, unfortunately the flare in the shot is a bit mucky but overall I like it.

(Apologies for the watermarks, they are linked directly from my portfolio site)

b0f344_ddad532af3594cf38aa00c6ddfa850b8~mv2.jpg

This was one of those nights where the sky erupted with colour, unfortunately my composition was facing in the opposite direction, I still managed to capture some of the colour but the sky was amazing behind me!

b0f344_20a2cc736aad4d0baf1e1e6397dd9dbc~mv2.jpg

Any thoughts/opinions?
The second one is wonderful!

Sometimes the most colour in the sky is 10 or 15 minutes after the sun has actually set. The light gets reflected off the higher clouds and it is usually the reds that I think you are seeing in your last posting. You have learned a valuable lesson for all landscape photographers - always keep an eye on what is behind you, particularly at the ends of the day.

Sunsets aside, I do like the second image - nice composition. It is what I would call an intimate landscape and works well with the wooden fence, the rocks on the beach, the ocean and the sky. The fence and the curve on the beach bring the viewer's eye to the sky.

WesternGuy

Thanks, I knew before I went to the beach that the sun would be setting behind me and that if there was going to be a light show it wouldn't be in my shot, ideally I would have taken the shot at sunrise but I didn't have the opportunity, I do like how the sun is catching the edge of the wooden posts in the second image.

The second one is wonderful!

Thanks, I appreciate that

#2 and #3 are wonderful.

Thanks Gary, I guess the first one is not to people's taste, that one was my personal favourite!

Kai

I guess I'm with the majority on this, 2 and 3 are my favorites. 2 is absolutely stunning. I do really like the sand texture in 1 though.

That second shot is amazing, would love to get a shot like that for my living room.

Most reactions

Back