Sunset on the Tarawa

Reefbabe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This photo may be a little boring but, it's my first attempt at a sunset. Do you think that it may be too dark? I do have a lighter one but I thought that I would go for a more silhouette look.

5670.jpg

Honestly i prefer this picture. the clouds and the sun makes the sky look so nice and smooth. a soft feeling to it. I wish i was there taking this pic. that bird flying in the sky is a loner if anyone can spot it. :)

This is anything BUT boring! With the ship, bird and the clear and very sharp outlines of the clouds it is quite different from the usual sunset. And I am happy this one is so dark because otherwise you would have lost all that detail in the sky, which is extra special in this particular photo! And yet, my screen still gives me a tiny bit of detail of the water, too. Could come out even better in a print. Very nice - and so NOT boring!!!

Thanks, both of you. This pic is special because this is the last sunset that the hundreds of Marines and Sailors saw before docking and returning to their families. Even though I'm sure it was hard to spend another night aboard the Tarawa with the shore in plain view....God at least blessed them with this beautiful sunset.

Awesome ! Not to dark at all. Love the color of the sky and you really captured it sharp too !

I really like this picture. The way the light from the setting sun is going off the clouds gives a 'holy aura' to the picture. In reply to your too dark comment, I think that if the picture were any lighter, it would take away from the content feel of the picture. Great Shot!

this is one of the better sunset shots i have seen. the Tarawa silhouette adds so much. I love the warm (almost hot) tones... nice shot! :thumbup:

Great shot, I love the flaming sky and the sillhouette fits well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back