Sunset over Sacramento River

SkyscraperSunset

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.skyscrapersunset.com
I was working outdoors in West Sacramento on a couple of weeks ago when the clouds started showing weird patterns. It was threatening to rain. The rain eventually came, but only a minute or two at a time, then it would stop. There were thick thunderclouds all over the place, but a lot of the sky was still clear, allowing light to go through.

As I started to drive home, it got crazy, so I took the scenic route and busted out my camera. It was dark from the heavy clouds and bright from the sunset simultaneously. All the color was so saturated that it was almost difficult to see.

Point being, this sunset was awesome, check it out.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

Permanent link to this set on SkyscraperSunset.com Tours.

Those clouds look really 'heavy' in #2, almost like the sky is gonna fall down any second.
Beautiful captures. Would've loved to see it

:hail: great shots each and every one

Point being, this sunset was awesome, check it out.

Point taken!
It is worth the while checking it out!
It was spectacular and awesome and if I had been in your shoes, I'd probably have done the same, i.e. taken photos of it!!! :D

Again my hint: number your pics, please, once there are more than 3 or 4.

It is hard for me to name a favourite here, for the light and the saturation if gave things is so good in all of them, but I think I quite quite like Photo 2 and also the drama in the sky in Photo 5 (yes, I counted myself ;) :greenpbl: )

... and your last photo of the series reminds me of one I took back in ... when was it? January? February? It was on one of the TWO days of winter we had and I took mind in the morning ... it should be around somewhere, ah yes, here_it_is - it is Photo 5 of the series. :D

Awesome series! My jaw dropped on #2 and #4.:thumbup: the lighting and the clouds are amazing.

Yet the landscape is so simple, but you just made it look pretty impressive. Very nice! By the way, what kind of camera did you use?
I wanna make shots like that once I get my Nikon D40 hehe!

The light in these is beautiful...so warm. And of course they're 'all about the clouds'. In #2 I almost expect a lightning bolt or funnel cloud to drop down. The sky in #5 is incredibly dramatic and eerie. They're all beautiful, but 1 and 2 are standouts for me. Thanks for sharing these.

you've captured some great light in these, my recent photos have been missing this kind of light... it makes such a huge difference. well done. :thumbup:

I like #2's nice wide angle and menacing low dark cloud. Cool effect in 5 though.

Most reactions

Back