Sunset Photos for C&C

anm90

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These were taken around the middle of last year in Blossom Valley, CA where I fly my remote control gliders. We usually get some pretty stunning sunsets out there and I took these pictures over the summer. Please give C&C, and be as harsh as necessary.

1. I think this one has nice color in the sky but I'm not sure if the rest of the landscape being totally silhouetted is a good thing.
Edit: After looking at this pic on my laptop monitor I noticed I see a lot more detail in the landscape than I do on my #2 LCD monitor. Why is this?
P1030492.jpg

P1030471.jpg

Many LCD monitors tend to be adjusted on the overly bright, high contrast side of the spectrum, which produces an unreal view of what the shot looks like. I find that CRTs provide much more realistic colour and brightness than LCDs and I use both.

You have good sky colour but the overall image is too flat in appearance. What is really necessary is a foreground with some detail, which might have been possible if you had used a graduated neutral density filter on your lens.

skieur

Neutral density filters.
Need to get the light evened out a bit between the sky and the ground.

Many LCD monitors tend to be adjusted on the overly bright, high contrast side of the spectrum, which produces an unreal view of what the shot looks like. I find that CRTs provide much more realistic colour and brightness than LCDs and I use both.

You have good sky colour but the overall image is too flat in appearance. What is really necessary is a foreground with some detail, which might have been possible if you had used a graduated neutral density filter on your lens.

skieur

mhmm

Most reactions

Back