Cheesy_DSLR_Man

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was taken on Southport pier with my new lens :D

Annoyingly the pier gets shut at 6pm so to get a sunset picture was annoying. At the start of the pier when it is shut there is a big iron gate across to stop people, so to get this shot i had to detach my lens from the body. Through one whole on the gate put my camera body and another the lens and then reattach them on the other side and then stick both hands through the holes in the gate to take the picture, all to get the shot without the gate in it. But in the end was totally worth it to get this shot, i think anyway :)

It has had no post processing, just put into aperture and export as a high res jpeg, as shot it in raw.

can you please give me some C&C on this

Sunset on Southport Pier by Jon_Punshon_, on Flickr

It's interesting, good even. The pier leading my eyes towqards the sun is great. Centered in this frame works.

The structure of hoop shapes on the other hand makes me wish that you had gotten in closer or used a longer lens.

It's interesting, good even. The pier leading my eyes towqards the sun is great. Centered in this frame works.

The structure of hoop shapes on the other hand makes me wish that you had gotten in closer or used a longer lens.

thanks

yeah i was thinking the same when i was shooting, i had only taken my sigma 10-20mm with me, wish i had taken my 70-200mm along for the sunset. Just a shame the pier closed and the gates were shut otherwise i would have gone further down the pier and got shots from different angles angles.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back