Sunset through the trees (first time in RAW)

pauliec

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
And over a lake...

I had some trouble with this shot. Originally, the photo was wide angle with the sunset focused in the middle of the frame. I moved the focus over to the side, cropped the image a bit, and changed the white balance (this was my first time shooting in raw too -- AWESOME. I'll never go back to jpeg)

I just noticed that there is a strange speck right near the sun; I think it's dust on my sensor. Next time I fire up Lightroom I'll edit that out.

Comments are appreciated. :thumbup:

5183734598_293d580a92_z.jpg

The colours are really nice! I like how it's not your typical silhouette sunset shot because the silhouetted parts have a brownish tinge instead of being black.

The reflection of the sun works really well too!

Nice one! :thumbup:

Nicely captured; I think it might have been even stronger had the centre of the sun not been completely blown, but very nice nonetheless.

great picture! :clap:

I like how it's not your typical silhouette sunset shot because the silhouetted parts have a brownish tinge instead of being black.

yeah, what he said :sexywink:

Looks amazing, the colours are awesome, I love the shot.

Thanks for the compliments, I appreciate it.

Nicely captured; I think it might have been even stronger had the centre of the sun not been completely blown, but very nice nonetheless.

How would I have accomplished that, with the center of the sun being so bright?

Way to join the RAW side. :er:

Yeah, shooting in raw really is a huge difference when it comes to post processing. I love it. I was a little nervous at first but it's easy and you have total control over the photo. It almost feels like cheating when you don't do such a good job in taking a photo but can really improve it later on back at home.

IMO, it is cropped too tightly. The branches on the right are distracting. Get more landscape next time. Is there a gap between the trees? It looks like the sun is burning a hole through them. I would suggest a smaller aperture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back