Sunset to moonrise.

castrol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Taken an evening apart. The sunset was beautiful, especially for just being
here in Texas. I can't wait to shoot some in the Bahamas next month.

DSC_3125.JPG

Moon was just staring me in the face. I just had to take a picture. Cropped at 100%.

DSC_3160.JPG

Lovely sunset, coolest moon pic! Wow. Love that one!
The border around the moon pic appeals to me, though I don't think the same about the sunset border. That additional orange takes away from the orange capture in the photo, I think.
And would you consider NeatImage for your first photo here? Just to get rid of the noise?

I thought about it, but I am just lazy. :) I guess if I really loved it, I would
probably do it, but it was just a quick, handheld shot that I felt like I needed
to take, just because it was pretty. We are going to the Bahamas in 28 days,
so I figured I'll have probably hundreds of sunset photos that will be way better
than that one. :)

As for the border, I just started fiddling around with changing the color up
some, just to see what people thought. Thanks for the input. :)

Oh yeah, I was quite happy with the moonshot though. That one was handheld
too. Pretty decent detail in it for a basic jpeg shot. I need to bump my camera
back to the "fine" mode again.

Thanks y'all. I appreciate the input. You gals have been here for a long time.
Thanks for making me feel welcome as well. :)

Castrol, very nice pictures! I was wondering if you could please shed some light on how you take pictures of the moon. I too have the Nikon D70 and every picture I take the moon is overexposed and completely washed out. I have tried every lens and every setting inbetween and it gets mostly overexposed with a few underexposed and the colors are always way off. I would post a few of mine as examples, but they are much to embarassing. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this has been bothering me for as long as I have been taking pictures. Thanks!!

Most reactions

Back