Sunset with a random person

like this one very much...:thumbup:
The person is such an intensive contrast....he is like the stone in the wind...

it seems like he is a lonely person, standing in the water, and wishing that he finds somebody as beatiful as the sunset looks....great one man :hail:

i think this shot is killer... the hat makes the photo for me :mrgreen: so different from anything i've ever seen... :thumbup:

Great shot at the right time. Yes, it could be a bit sharper, but keep it soft always. Good work. Don A.

PaulJMcCain said:
That's a nice idea, and great pic, but it's not sharp enough for me.

Thats OK, I agree. It was taken 2 1/2 years ago with an Olympus camedia c3030, and IIRC I used digital zoom to get the framing right - hence the loss in picture quality. Hopefully with my purchae of a olympus E500 and a return to the same beach in the summer I might be able to catch a similar sunset.

Thanks for your comments as well. I've only recently restarted as a keen "amateur" and not sunjected myself to any critical opinions of my photos. In fact only 1 of the few I've posted here has been taken with the e500, the others are images caught with a 3 mp digital compact.

The tale behind the random person is that this is a beach on the atlantic coast of France. We were holidaying nearby, and spent most days at this beach. One evening I realised it would be a good sunset, so took myself off, and while snapping some landscape shots this woman who had obviously been at the beach all day was packing up, and she proceeded to wade into the shallows as you can see. She stood there for a good few minutes, and as the sun got lower I took the picture that you see. Completely random, not posed, and I like the solitariness of the figure.

As this was france she was actually topless, but here in the UK we have a saying "BOBFOC"- "Body off baywatch, face off crimewatch*". And this description suited this sunworshipper to a tee :er:

* Crimewatch, UK version of Americas most wanted.

Most reactions

Back