Sunset with friends

abhishekdg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Went for a camping trip to Moose lake with friends. 2 of my friends wanted to have silhouttes against the sun and I too got n opportunity to try out m hands at sunset.
So, without any further waits got the below mentioned 2 pics. Your C&C will be highly appreciated.

sunset.jpg

sunset_2-1.jpg

Nice silhouettes, but they look a little oversaturated - too red/orange. The first one is not bad - relaxing after a hard day fishing. On the second one, you cropped off the bottom a bit too much - always nice to see the feet and what they are standing on.

I'm with Western Guy. I love the subject material, great potential. A bit over saturated. Almost feels like an HDR that went a bit overboard. Would have loved to see the dock that the guy is standing in in frame 2. Great shots though! Good spotting of a good time to be shooting!
Cheers,
Jed

Thanks guys for the great comments.. Really love the way you guys criticise to make newbies like me realize the faults.Here are a couple more . Want to know your views on the same :)

sunset_3.jpg

sunset_6.jpg

Really like the 2nd set more than the first. The first set is just a bit to overprocesesed for the look you're going for. 2nd set has more charm.

Read up on the Rule of Thirds. They are gorgeous shots however virtually everything is dead center which doesn't help your composition.

As others have already said, the 1st set is way over saturated. The 2nd set the light is more natural. 3 out of the 4 pictures you have the subjects dead center. In the remaining picture, the boat and setting sun are off centered, making for a much more interesting and pleasing image to view.

Most reactions

Back