Sunset

melcooney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.melscorner.net
I took two pictures and PSed them together.
I'm not so sure of the outcome. I adjusted
the opacity of the second layer, but is it too light?
All comments are appreciated.

sunset07.jpg

You have to forgive Hertz he is an old film guy and does not understand Photoshop talk. So basically you made multiply print in PS. And you want to know how it come out, right?

I will need to look at longer to give a good answer.

First let me say I have not yet taken the time to learn is type of process and I understand you are still learning

IMO the exposure and angles of sun to shore line look unnatural, along with the sunray being to thin. Maybe you could post the original images. And hopeful someone with better PS skills can give you some tips. Hope that did not hurt too much?

I understand PS layers just fine - I was a Graphic designer once.
I was making the point that this is Critique and not the PS Forum so asking if what has been done is OK requires that we be told what the initial intention was. ;)

Jeff Canes said:
IMO the exposure and angles of sun to shore line look unnatural, along with the sunray being to thin. Maybe you could post the original images. And hopeful someone with better PS skills can give you some tips. Hope that did not hurt too much?

I took the first picture of the sunset and then added the second picture of the waves as a second layer. I think what I was trying to accomplish is impossible as the reason it looks unnatural is the pictures were taken on two different days at two different angles of the beach. No, my feelings are not hurt *Ü* I would not have asked for help in critiquing if I was that sensitive. Next time I will post the original pictures and then the outcome so I can get better help. I had found the PS files on my harddrive already merged as one layer, so to do this now would be impossible. The originals are already filed away on disk somewhere. Thank you Jeff and Hertz for trying to help!

yea mel..... the merge doesn't quite work in this image...... the suns reflection is in a straight line as if the water is dead calm, so it doesn't look natural over the waves. It would work better if the opacity of the waves level was bought right up to cover the reflection and also give it more depth........ if you know how to layer mask, you could bring in a bit of the reflection right by the sun and blend it out........ but not the whole way out. Give it a try, hope this helps. ;)

I always run into trouble merging layers, this one to me doesn't look quite right BUT, why not post your two shots and let others have a go...then maybe they will explain how they achieved it. Might be of help to me also.
Just a thought.

some clone work, and adjust bright and contrast then apply a touch of soft focus.
would you like to see what i came up with?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back