SUNSETS and SUNRISES!!!

Hello, I'm new here. This was taken from the window of a taxi in Mauritius during my honeymoon last year.
Link gone :(

Last edited by a moderator:
The borders and the images all look backwards to me.

What I mean is, I think they should have a light border, and the inside should be darker, so exactly opposite of what you have.

All the nice colours and detail are completely lost when you wash them out with the lighter inside.

Hmm... I see what ya mean. I am not sure I liked some of the borders. It was just a one time thing that I tried. Thanks though. Gets me better at border making :thumbup:.

manhattan beach sunset.

taken with a NIKON D40
c&c more than welcome

_MG_3477.jpg

Links gone :(

All of these look wonderful! I had an old manager once who loved taking these kind of photos. I decided to go out one day and take some myself. Here are two of them:

IMG_6059_3small.jpg

IMG_6061small.jpg

Here's a trick I picked up from Bill Fortney for getting even warmer sunrises and sunsets. For Nikon shooters, go to your camera's menu and choose Daylight as your white balance. Press the right arrow button to get the Fine-tune screen, dial in 3, and click OK.

Don't forget to turn this setting off when you're not shooting sunrises or sunsets. Okay, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world (it won't ruin all your subsequent shots), but your world will be a little warmer. (by kelby)
http://digital-photographyblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/trick-for-warmer-sunrises-and-sunsets.html

I looked through the first & second, and the final page.. Absoloutly beautiful photos everyone! Some surreal, some suddle, some amazing. I suppose I should add to this collection... I can't get up early enough for Sunrises, so heres a sunset, tooken while crusing back from Putero-Rico in Aug-07

Tooken with Nikon S7c

Most reactions

Back