"super battery" for flash

Mystwalker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today I use Eneloops and some other generic rechargeable. Have tried Energizer and Duracells as well. When I am in continuous shoot mode, battery can never refresh fast enough when I am in continuous shoot mode.

Is there a "super battery"? Something with a faster refresh? Search for "super battery flash" yielded lots of junk info - nothing I found useful.

Are you using a battery pack? The only way I know to get more power from batteries is to use more of them. If the flash manufacturer doesn't sell one, there are lot's of other options such as Quantum.

http://www.qtm.com

yeah, battery packs are great for that sort of thing... especially quantum. Of course to go along with their superness is also the super high prices.

To my knowledge though, I don't think you will ever be able to refresh fast enough to use continuous shooting for very long at all. I mean, it would probably blow the flash. There are always going to be limits, but I would say the battery pack will probably stretch those limits the most the flash is capable of.

i believe its not the battery thats the refreshes, its the capacitor, and the sad thing is you cant use lithium ion's for flash units because they tent to explode when you discharge them too quickly.

Is there a "super battery"? Something with a faster refresh?

If there was, the inventor would probably be richer than Bill Gates, and we would all be driving electric cars.

When I am in continuous shoot mode, battery can never refresh fast enough when I am in continuous shoot mode.

A quantum battery pack will help with this, but you must be very careful. Typical hot-shoe flashes, even the top end ones, are not designed for constant firing like studio strobes. You can overheat them and burn them out very easily (been there, done that).

Well it goes like this~ The 4 batterys in the unit = 6 volt dc ~ but the flash tube needs about 300 volts ~ dc can not be transformed directly so ~ The 6 volt dc is turned into 300 volt dc by a dc to dc converter ~ now this charges the capacitor. That all takes about 2 seconds..If the battery is fresh.

Or get a quantium turbo 300 volt battery and bypass the whole conversion process and charge the capacitor directly from battery for really fast recharge. Carefull though those rapid fire set ups are known to MELT things. Real Hot real fast.

Thanks for info everyone.

These Quantum Turbos look like just what I need. But their pricing is WAY WAY out of reach - OUCH!

Super battery to costliness.

Anyone have experience with "Al Jacobs batteries"?

http://www.aljacobs.com/

They do not sound like they have super refresh rate of the Quantums, but then they also cost much much less.

Most reactions

Back