Super Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse. Get'cha popcorn ready!

PropilotBW

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just came across this article in Popular Science about the upcoming Super Moon lunar eclipse this Sunday, Sept 27. First Super Moon eclipse in 32 years, plus a blood moon!

The article mentions times visible for your location.

It would be fun to see photo results from this event.

Last edited:
Here is mine! Its not perfect..I just don't have the best setup. I really need a 600mm+ tele. 300mm on full frame is just not enough. I had my D610 set to crop mode too. I had the focus perfectly set but when I adjusted the camera must have bumped the focus ring and once the moon goes dark, its almost impossible to get a sharp focus. Oh well. I'm happy with it and it was something new to shoot and I think my first time shooting a full lunar eclipse.

D610 + 70-300 VR. I'm not telling my settings because they are embarrassing. LOL. I broke all the rules and I don't care.

DSC_6137-2.jpg

I got some decent shots with the 7dmkii and the Tammy 150-600.

red eclipse.jpg

Errrmaghhherd!!! The red eclipse was red as hell!!! I was astonished at the degree of redness. This is for my Spanish-speaking friends: "I am seeing the red eclipse."

I forgot about last night, but i got a photo tonight, more orange than red now though, I used my old Fuji F600EXR compact camera on a tripod.

John.

fKY5F2H.jpg

Most reactions

Back