Super Hero Boy (C&C)

shelby16

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I posted a picture few days ago ago of this little boy's (my cousin's) sister, and got some good feedback to take in! I'm now posted my other cousin because he was posing for me and he's adorable.
I am such a newbie, and I took this picture on my compact camera (soon to be a DSLR user, though!). I had to do a lot of editing as it was cloudy outside, and cropping because there was too much going on around him it was distracting. Also, the red bump above his left eyebrow is a birthmark, and I couldn't take that away without there being weird affects.

So I'd love some C&C! I am trying to get a lot of practice in taking pictures in general before I get my DSLR. :)

Thanks,
Shelby

$DSCN0520.jpg

I guess I just want advice on anything!

Last edited:
I would have liked to see more of the boy...the crop is way too tight and the frisbee takes over your shot....keep shooting and practice more.
Thank you! Yeah, I was sad I had to crop the photo to get rid of the background distraction.

It's a snapshot of your boy, and he himself is not in focus. Background issues (as you mentioned), something off to his left, etc.

Snapshots of our kids make wonderful memories but rarely make good "artistic photographs". You can have really cool photographs that happen to be of your kids, but this is not one. Enjoy it for what it is. :)

I think being aware of distracting elements in your shot is one of the first steps you can take to improve. If there were no distracting elements to begin with, this wouldn't need to be cropped so heavily. Sorry if I am stating the obvious.

I often make my kids move a smidge or face another direction when taking their pictures to avoid distracting backgrounds. I find myself doing this with unplanned snaps even. The difference in the final image is so worth it.

I agree that the frisbee is overpowering the boy. It is also very bright in comparison to his face, making it hard to look past it.

He's a cute kid, and has nice eyes. I'd like them a bit brighter though.

I think being aware of distracting elements in your shot is one of the first steps you can take to improve. If there were no distracting elements to begin with, this wouldn't need to be cropped so heavily. Sorry if I am stating the obvious.

I often make my kids move a smidge or face another direction when taking their pictures to avoid distracting backgrounds. I find myself doing this with unplanned snaps even. The difference in the final image is so worth it.

I agree that the frisbee is overpowering the boy. It is also very bright in comparison to his face, making it hard to look past it.

He's a cute kid, and has nice eyes. I'd like them a bit brighter though.

+1 to everything in this reply. I also appreciate the tone in which it was provided.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back