Super Moon composite.

FITBMX

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I walked down to the old pond last night. The moon was too high to get in all in one shot. :(
So I did a composite, I got a little crazy and made the moon a little bigger. ;)
C&C more than welcome. :)

Super Moon.jpg

I think the reflection is throwing it off.

I think the reflection is throwing it off.

I thought it seemed a little off to, but I'm not sure what it is that's off. Any ideas?
The reflection is on the wrong axis. It needs to be tilted to the same axis as the surface of the lake. and probably needs more translucency.

Maybe in wrong about the axis. Perhaps less clarity?

This is a really bad cellphone photo, but the reflection should be oval shape, on the axis of the lake.

IMG_1549.JPG

This is a really bad cellphone photo, but the reflection should be oval shape, on the axis of the lake.

How is this? I have never done much for artificial distortion.
Any better?

Super Moon.jpg

Now the moon is too skinny. You are not getting the distortion right.

Plus on top of that there would be a LOT more light coming from that moon hitting the objects in the image.

Now the moon is too skinny. You are not getting the distortion right.

Plus on top of that there would be a LOT more light coming from that moon hitting the objects in the image.

Any ideas on the distortion? Or should I leave it out?

Not sure what the right answer here is.....but the moon on the 2nd try looks better to me....

It still looks off. it would probably be easier to re-shoot it tonight.

Ripples or waves on the water surface are what make the moons reflection seem elongated. Each ripple is creating its own horizontal reflection and they get stacked up to look like a long streak across the water.

On a perfectly smooth surface I'm thinking the moon wouldn't be elongated any more than the trees are.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Ripples or waves on the water surface are what make the moons reflection seem elongated. Each ripple is creating its own horizontal reflection and they get stacked up to look like a long streak across the water.

On a perfectly smooth surface I'm thinking the moon wouldn't be elongated any more than the trees are.

Great input.
Thanks

Not sure what the right answer here is.....but the moon on the 2nd try looks better to me....

Thanks

It still looks off. it would probably be easier to re-shoot it tonight.

I will just delete the "Moon Reflection" layer and start fresh with it. That "Wave" distortion is hard to get right, it is really touchy!

I will work on it a little in the morning and post a update. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back