Super-moon of August, as seen from a country road

pgriz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
According to the Photographer's Ephemeris, the moon was supposed to rise a few minutes before sunset, and from the azimuth/altitiude angles it looked like it should show up more or less over a curvy road that is near our cottage. So I went to the place, set up my tripod and camera and waited. Of course, every motorist coming down that road thought I was a radar cop, and almost all jammed on the brakes as soon as they spotted me, but on passing, realized I was not, and accelerated away. The moon took it's time rising above the heavy summer mists along the horizon, and the sun had set about 20 minutes before I got a decently bright-enough moon. Yes, I wish the signs weren't there, but hey, they were, so they are.

$August moon_1695.JPG

Technical details: Canon T1i, 70-200mm f/4 L IS at 70mm, f/8, 1/2 sec, ISO 400, tripod mount. Sharpening, resizing in DPP.

Yes, I wish the signs weren't there, but hey, they were, so they are.
why not clone them out?

No good reason, except that I don't have cloning (well, GOOD cloning) as one of my skills :blushing:. On the other hand, I suppose I could always learn something new... :D

just learn it!

it's not difficult at all.. softer brush, a minute or two of cloning and the signs are gone ;)

just learn it!

it's not difficult at all.. softer brush, a minute or two of cloning and the signs are gone ;)
easier said than done.

I tried stuff in LR but never got anything to work well. MS Paint was far better for me. Then I bought Photoshop Express .. nice software.

awwwww... you'll be good ;)

all I used were GIMP and PS

Cloning is one of the things I learned first. I was sort of forced to, unless I liked seeing dust spots on my film scans! It can be tricky to do well and you have to be very patient, sometimes zooming in to pixel-peep to get the colors right, but once you learn it, it can come in very handy at times like this.

But signs or no, it's a cool moon shot! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back