Super slow films

Discussion in 'Film Discussion and Q & A' started by earthmanbuck, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Chucktin

Chucktin TPF Noob!

Actually I got a roll of Oscilloscope Recording film onct, free. Blue sensitive emulsion. Since the cost was so low all I needed was cassettes and home processing. Stepping up to Plus X was a treat, then Tri X. Sure made me appreciate f 2.8!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2. limr

limr Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Your point in making this comment being...?

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Chucktin

Chucktin TPF Noob!

Being - been there, done _that_ and more than once.
    The "quest" for higher and higher ISO has reached dizzying heights. But it has also highlighted (no pun intended) the short comings of that way of measuring the "correct" exposure.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

4. vintagesnaps

vintagesnaps Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I learned it as 'proper' exposure.

Anyway I guess if you don't like slow you wouldn't care for doing lumen prints - expired photo paper in daylight. I just leave it til, oh, the next day... whenever I feel like getting it off the table in the window.

5. smithdan

smithdan No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit

Shot lots of Kodachrome 25 in the 60's and 70's because it was on issue and a few rolls would sneak home in my pocket from time to time. Processing was prepaid in Canada too.

Bought a roll of Panatomic x to use on a collection of Haida art, mostly argilite and silver carvings. We moved East before I had a chance to develop, gave it to the drugstore and (no surprise) prints came back black as yer boots. Scanned the negs a few years back and was able to salvage some pix. I have a better scanner now and also have more pp experience so I'll try again.

06e1s.jpg

• Like Like x 1