Supercar Sunday photos

Underexposed and uninteresting to me.
Really? They look rather more vibrant and have more contrast to me, which gives it a nice different look that thousands of people give great feedback on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In that setting there's not much you can do about how the cars are sitting, the location, the background, the light (to an extent) so I wouldn't worry about comments on that sort of thing - They are what they are and that's a document of the event (I like the first 4 shots as these show the setting quite well).

The shadows are almost black, which isn't great if you're trying to show detail in those parts. There is however artistic impression which I think a lot of people either forget about or don't appreciate these days, so, if that's the look you were looking for I can understand it. I have photos I love that not many people like because they're not "technically perfect" as they see it as they are more of my (artistic) interpretation of it, which isn't wrong it's just not what people expect to see.

When you post on forums people will usually comment on the negatives rather than the positives, but hopefully it's all good critique.

Underexposed and uninteresting to me.
Really? They look rather more vibrant and have more contrast to me, which gives it a nice different look that thousands of people give great feedback on.

no, they are under for sure. And the processing does not match the scene. I dunno how you can suggest they are vibrant when they have been intentionally dulled and desaturated.

The subjects are great--but the environment and lighting is not.

In that setting there's not much you can do about how the cars are sitting, the location, the background, the light (to an extent) so I wouldn't worry about comments on that sort of thing - They are what they are and that's a document of the event (I like the first 4 shots as these show the setting quite well).

The shadows are almost black, which isn't great if you're trying to show detail in those parts. There is however artistic impression which I think a lot of people either forget about or don't appreciate these days, so, if that's the look you were looking for I can understand it. I have photos I love that not many people like because they're not "technically perfect" as they see it as they are more of my (artistic) interpretation of it, which isn't wrong it's just not what people expect to see.

When you post on forums people will usually comment on the negatives rather than the positives, but hopefully it's all good critique.
Thanks man, I really appreciate it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back