Support and Bags

Pure

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've finally narrowed down what I want to buy. Any final comments before I buy them?

Manfrotto by Bogen Imaging | 055XPROB Tripod Legs | 055XPROB
Manfrotto by Bogen Imaging | 468MGRC2 Hydrostatic | 468MGRC2

Is this monopod any good? It has gotten some good reviews. I'd like something smaller, when closed, and this seems to fit the bill.
Giottos | MM9180 5-Section Pro Monopod | MM9180 | B&H Photo Video
Or should I wait for this?
Gitzo | G1564 Studex Monopod | G1564 | B&H Photo Video

Also, I'm having a tough time figuring out what bag to buy. There are SO MANY!

I'll need to fit, a D90+80-200 w/1.4x tc+3-4 lenses+ flash + other goodies+ a possible pc

I have the 055xprob legs and am very happy with them. My opinion when I bought them was that they were the best bang/buck. I can't speak to the head. I have one of their nicer pan/tilt heads, myself.

I have the 055xprob legs and am very happy with them. My opinion when I bought them was that they were the best bang/buck. I can't speak to the head. I have one of their nicer pan/tilt heads, myself.

I realized the extra weight of the non-CF 055's is actually really useful for what I need it for. As for 3 way heads, it seems to me that the ball head is better since I can do portraits and I need freedom of movement.

^^^ yup, makes sense. Though check the weights. I seem to recall the diff between the CF and aluminuminuminumuminuminuminum ones wasn't actually all that significant.

Without checking, the CF is like 1.5, and the non-CF is like 5. Or something. Big difference. The tripod and head are going to be almost 7 pounds. NICE.

Most reactions

Back