Support at Home

Select whichever best describes you.

• My s/o is very supportive of my hobby.

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • My s/o is not at all interested in my hobby and complains about it.

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • My s/o is thankful I get great family shots but wishes I spent less time/money on the rest.

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • My s/o wishes I would go to a part time pro to help pay for this.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • My s/o is also in the hobby/job so they are totally down with it.

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • I’m a pro so my s/o is fine with it.

• I’m a part time pro and my s/o is fine with it as long as it pays for itself.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I’m a full time pro and my s/o would rather I did something else.

• Total voters
Oh, we would make a great couple runnah! I could use your new GoPro Hero 3 as I roller blade around town all summer. This is of course after I quit both jobs so you can support me and all of my crazy spending habits. You game for it? Oh wait, are you Canon or Nikon? AND, I don't really like the clingy types either, so if that describes you, you might want to re-think our budding relationship. Just a few things to consider as we move forward....

I have a beard.

Lets go.

I didn't know you could watch "As the world turns" reruns on the internet. Hmmm... And updated to reflect current ethos. Interesting.

I didn't vote.

When I die, my wife and daughter in law will trash all my photos in the nearest dumpster.

That sums it up.

I didn't vote.

When I die, my wife and daughter in law will trash all my photos in the nearest dumpster.

That sums it up.

Damn, harsh.

I just can't believe folks are like that, especially after talking with my better half about this issue tonight. I am one lucky bastard, I didn't realize that the lack of support was so widespread. It just seems fundamentally wrong. Mates/partners are supposed to be supportive, at least in my mind.

My husband is the one who put a camera in my hand, being rather desperate once for a second shooter at a wedding (he did them on and off for about 10 years). He was an aerial photographer back when it was all film, and he shot/developed/QC'd it, etc., for the State DOT. He was able to use all formats, 8x10 field cams for bridges and architecture, and the occasional portrait sessions for the Suits. Somehow he trusted me to snag a few shots, and it went from there. When I became smitten with alternative techniques, he found us an Omega D5 for peanuts, and we drove 10 hours round trip to get it. I'm the one who took all the classes in alt techniques, and eventually taught him a few things, and he loves it. We pretty much play off each other, have different eyes for things. He shoots a Rollei SL66, mostly chrome, and I'm the 645 B&W geek.

I'm very lucky. :heart:

We can negotiate about my wife, but don't you touch my lenses.

Whats mine is mine, and what's his is...well.....mine. Right?

Whats mine is mine, and what's his is...well.....mine. Right?

It's like someone kidnapped my wife and brainwashed her into being a photographer because that sounds exactly like something she would say.

Most reactions

Back