Support at Home

Select whichever best describes you.

• My s/o is very supportive of my hobby.

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • My s/o is not at all interested in my hobby and complains about it.

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • My s/o is thankful I get great family shots but wishes I spent less time/money on the rest.

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • My s/o wishes I would go to a part time pro to help pay for this.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • My s/o is also in the hobby/job so they are totally down with it.

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • I’m a pro so my s/o is fine with it.

• I’m a part time pro and my s/o is fine with it as long as it pays for itself.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I’m a full time pro and my s/o would rather I did something else.

• Total voters
My wife is not a bit supportive. She doesn't care about photography or art in general. If it isn't a picture of something cute I've wasted my time as far as she is concerned. She does keep me grounded though. No telling how much I would spend if I were free to do so.

That is too bad. It really is nice when they can get behind your hobby(s).

If this is the only problem you two have, is it possible for you to have your hobby time with out involving her in any way? At least that way you wouldn't have to deal with the nagging issue us wives are so well known for.

Oh believe me I nag mine too... But my nagging is Legit! and not about hobbits... I mean hobbies... The man tears holes in my zip lock bags... *eye twitch*

It's not too bad really. Sometimes it would be nice to hear something like, "That one is kinda cool" instead of "Why would you take a picture of that?" or "Is this what you did all day?"

It's not too bad really. Sometimes it would be nice to hear something like, "That one is kinda cool" instead of "Why would you take a picture of that?" or "Is this what you did all day?"

Ouch :(

Damn, that is kinda crappy. I would assume that she has hobbies, right?

I would tell her to go back to the kitchen.

Her hobbies include listening to country music. I'm about as supportive of that as she is of photography.

HIYOOOOOO!
$image-3800198436.jpg

Her hobbies include listening to country music. I'm about as supportive of that as she is of photography.

I'm surprised you haven't bled out intentionally. The force is strong with you.

I'm lucky. She wants me to do more photography. I want her to do more art. Sometimes we go somewhere, and we split up to do our respective things, then join up and compare notes. Maybe one of the reasons why we'll be celebrating our 30th this summer.

Relationships are all about respect, compromise, and support. I am sorry that your better half isn't at least supportive, Bentcountershaft. It really is a pity.

I can relate a bit. My ex wasn't into anything I was into, it's amazing we made it the almost decade we did. I was into going out, exploring, travel, new places, new foods, new tattoos, new places to go ride motorcycles. . .she, was into Desperate Housewives, Big Brother and make up. . .she'd get in a huff if I even brought my camera. Screw that. We only go around this world once, I like to document my short time here. I have always been into the arts, and with photography, once the bug bites, you look at things in a different way, and can appreciate some of the more simple things you may have overlooked.

Sometimes it is better that each person has their own interests but, as a courtesy, a partner could at least support your said hobby. It's not like you are going out banging dope as a hobby.

I'm lucky that my wife is very supportive of my photography hobby as well many other things I have been into. She's actually the best person I know. She has been helping me lately with the children and baby shoots - she's my baby whisperer!

My wife is very supportive, as long as she is the main subject. She is neutral when the main subject is children/men/dogs/women blessed with a larger frame. Soon as an even remotely photogenic female is hypothetically involved (which there never has been I'll add, despite the hours of accusations, screaming and hissy fits), well apparently my lens is an extension of my penis and I sleep on the couch for a week.

Yeah. Supportive spouses are awesome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back