surf boat land

danielsmith4213

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dannytsmith.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went out with a sports photographer to learn how to take photos but all he did was gave me his nikon D70 and made me walk around and shoot. suggestions and crit are welcome :)

DSC_0037.jpg

hah! but that is the best way to learn my friend lol. other than that i think it definatley shows what they are doing but the horizon doesn't look straight...

while the picture is clear and sharp, there is no real subject.
what am I supposed to be looking at?

Yup... check your horizon. It looks like you're right on the beach, which tends to slope towards the water, so although you may feel that it's level, be sure to make sure it actually is and adjust using the horizon.

I really like all the bright colours. It's kind of an interesting shot, but you almost seemed to include too much in it... were you trying to get a big picture of the whole scene? If so, maybe zooming out and using a wider angle lens would have helped.

I like the shot; the only thing I would do is crop off some of the top to really draw your focus to the boats and their coloring.

Nice work!

Hope you don't mind my try at cropping....

1354740827_3db883bd63_o.jpg

So, does it make any difference to you all?

I can't see a difference in the two? I am sure it is me, i have been known to miss things.
There are too many speedos for me in the shot - heh
Seriously, I like the image, the boats have great colour, but there are too many people milling about and not doing anything.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back