Surf Photography gear

Fleacz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not sure if anyone here is into surf photography, but im hoping i'll find some answers here. Turns out my panasonic g10 doesnt have a water housing for some lame reason. so the question: what is the most preferable camera that isn't too expensive? i thought of just getting a gopro but for photography i hear it isnt practical. any suggestions would be appreciate also, thanks.

Research Thoroughly!! I got into this a while back at realized I racked up the expenses very quickly

waterproof housings for point and shoot cameras are generally going to be the cheapest and very simple in design. I'm no expert, but my guess is that the housing for more complex cameras (non-electro-zoom non-fixed lenses, DSLRs etc) require a bit of a complexity in design. This includes your G10.

For example:

Underwater Housing - Olympus Imaging America Inc.

Notice the price for the housing for the E-PL1 vs XZ-1. They are not cheap. Most housings for P&S are more expensive than the camera itself. The cheapest route maybe a waterproof P&S... not sure they meet image quality you are expecting.

wow, i guess i can just get point and shoot cameras. recently they've been producing some high quality pics. however its the manual setting that is more satisfying in an SLR, but alright then. i guess i can just get a 300mm lens and do shots from beaches or point breaks. thanks guys

Never done this.. so at your own risk, I smell a DIY project

But what about a ziplock bag with maybe a UV filter plus screw hood sealed against one side of the bag. Of course not water proof but may be enough to take into shallow surf.

Most reactions

Back