Surf play

Marc Kurth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The USCG was doing their surf training drills on the outside of the jetty, while the surfers were working the inside break. The fog was thick and the wind was blowing hard.

3739.jpg

really nice job!

i don't think the situation allows to get closer lol, but if you did it that you got closer to the surfer and keeping the boat at the background it would be superb!

really nice job!

i don't think the situation allows to get closer lol, but if you did it that you got closer to the surfer and keeping the boat at the background it would be superb!

I'm a big believer in "closer is better" I was in a small boat getting tossed around by the waves and I wasn't about to ask to get closer in this case.

Sometimes we have to live with what we can get....

I appreciate the input!

Last edited:
Wow! Not something you see everyday, for sure. Well, I don't, anyway. This is a great shot, and while I think it would be really cool to have been closer to the surfer, I can understand why you might have chosen not to go for that! :lol:

Well, I certainly want to thank all of you folks for the kind words.

I shot a 4 shot sequence of this that looked pretty good with the best 3 printed wide in a 12"x36" format on Endura paper. I was shooting for the USCG from one of their boats, but I tried really hard to find out who the surfer was - never did - really wish I could have, just to give him a gift.

Thank you again.

Most reactions

Back