Surface Tension

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Comments welcome. Tanks fur lukin.

Last edited:
beautiful color, and comp. BTW Do you know why they make manhole covers round. old logic question.

So they don't fall down the hole ;)

Awesome. After seeing so many manhole covers, I never would have seen this myself. Great eye.

The composition itself has many things in tension. The center point of the circular shape, the leaf, the way you crop towards the edges of the circle... they are all competing against each other.

VERY nice composition, I LOVE the color and contrast! I can't think of a single critique.. Very nicely executed!

I like the contrasts in composition with the rough surface of the manhole cover and the smooth, glass-like pools of water.

Great job!! We drive and walk over these things all the time, but you looked at it and succeeded in making something ordinary and mundane look really cool!! The colors, textures, shapes and the water -- I love it! :thumbup:

Very nice, I can never get the crop right on round objects, this works very well and well the leaf, just yum :) Nice shot.

Thanks all for the comments. Do any of you see the optical illusion (and reason for the title)?
The pools of water look as if they are curving outward - convex - when in reality they are concave.
If you look at the pools at the bottom, they appear concave, but when you look at the circular pool at the top, the perspective changes and they all look convex.
It hard to "un-see" it afterward.

At least for me ... ;)

Hopefully I didn't screw up the whole concave convex thing. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I did. :)

Thanks again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back