Surfing

ndancona

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first attempt at surfing photography. Was fun and will definitely try more, just need to wait for a storm as its the only time we get any waves in my part of the world.

$surfing 7---sml2.jpg
$surfing 11-sml2.jpg
$surfing 6---sml.jpg

Shot #1 is outstandingly dramatic Nick! #1 is just a wonderful composition and scene.

I really,really like the inclusion of the foreground waves in all of these; that gives a "you are there, seeing" vibe to them.

Wow, I'm chuffed! Thanks for your super compliment.

All of these are really well done! The lighting/processing in the first one makes me feel like he's surfing in a storm, and give it an element of...danger? Doom? Suspense? I'm reaching for the right word here, but either way, great work!

Nice. I like one the best as well, but they are all nice.
I can feel the wind. ;)

Yes I like #1 as well. Weird looking wind swell. Peaks everywhere and unorganized but still looks fun. The wind is howling offshore. Nice job for your first time. #2 shows a good lead. Normally what you want to do is compose so you can see where the surfer is going it creates a sense (for other surfers at least) of what can be done as the waves progresses. so surfer then around 3/4 wave ahead of them. Not a hard rule but you see that a lot in magazines. Do sequence shots always so you don't miss any action and pick the best shots. You may capture nice hard turns and sprays. I love taking surf photos and I bodyboard a few times a week.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back