Surgery tomorrow

LaFoto said:
You are definitely doing the right thing here, and early enough.

Had only one doctor suggested my son Kristian get his tonsils out when he was only six (by when he had suffered from countless infections of ear, throat and bronchii, including one pneumonia)............, but he was unlucky to have lived when tonsillectomies were "not en vogue", right at the time when all the doctors said: "Ah well, in former times our colleagues took out the tonsils too soon, too early, we are past that kind of thinking" ... and when my Kristian was 10, his heart gave out and he died all of a sudden one night. His tonsils had never been cured of the streptococci that lived in them, and those had spread all over his body uncontrollably, so along with his infections he must have had regular inflamations of the heart muscles, none of which really SHOWED (a young child's heart can compensate soooo much), so no doctor (and he had seen MANY in his short life!) ever even thought about writing an ECG... our ignorance and the "medical fashion" of the time was his fate then...

So have him go through this, he'll be in a little pain once ... and after that I am sure he will be a lot better, and his tonsils, which actually are supposed to protect the body from bacteria that want to enter, and which sometimes do just the opposite, i.e. spread them instead, can no longer do him any harm!

...and some more from me. :hug:: :hugs:

After reading that I can most definitely understand how you feel.

core_17 said:
...and some more from me. :hug:: :hugs:

After reading that I can most definitely understand how you feel.

And more from us as well :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I knew you had lost your son, but I hadn't known the cause.

Hey Alison.. my thoughts are with you :hugs: hope it goes well for him and you guys :)

LaFoto said:
You are definitely doing the right thing here, and early enough.

Had only one doctor suggested my son Kristian get his tonsils out when he was only six (by when he had suffered from countless infections of ear, throat and bronchii, including one pneumonia)............, but he was unlucky to have lived when tonsillectomies were "not en vogue", right at the time when all the doctors said: "Ah well, in former times our colleagues took out the tonsils too soon, too early, we are past that kind of thinking" ... and when my Kristian was 10, his heart gave out and he died all of a sudden one night. His tonsils had never been cured of the streptococci that lived in them, and those had spread all over his body uncontrollably, so along with his infections he must have had regular inflamations of the heart muscles, none of which really SHOWED (a young child's heart can compensate soooo much), so no doctor (and he had seen MANY in his short life!) ever even thought about writing an ECG... our ignorance and the "medical fashion" of the time was his fate then...

So have him go through this, he'll be in a little pain once ... and after that I am sure he will be a lot better, and his tonsils, which actually are supposed to protect the body from bacteria that want to enter, and which sometimes do just the opposite, i.e. spread them instead, can no longer do him any harm!

Geez Corinna that's awful.....:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

That's really awful Corinna! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: There isn't much that can be said really. :(

Alison, I'm sure everything will be fine. I had the full ENT works when I was pretty young (maybe 6?), about all I can remember is that the pre-anaesthetic made me go hyper and they had to gas me to get me under - my parents weren't amused as I bounced all the way to the theatre.

However, as I remember nothing about the recovery other than lots of nice chocolate milkshakes from an incomprehensible male Glaswegien staff nurse - I suspect Christopher will bounce back in no time. I remember they wouldn't let me eat toast, so I developed an instant desire to eat toast! :lol: I don't think I was in longer than one day. I hope everything goes well, all the best from England.

Rob

Most reactions

Back