Surprised there's not an automotive photography section. Here's a recent shot (SRT4)

Chillaxed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i just got my winter tires installed, it's already snowing like crazy here in northern alberta. there's a video of me playing in deep snow too!

C&C appreciated. the car is an SRT4 Caliber. i have a LOT more pictures of this car, a bunch of summer and autumn shots as well if anybody would like to see. i also have pictures of other people's cars that i took as well.

i own a Sony A57 with a kit lens. planning on getting a 50mm 1.8 and some more accessories such as wireless flash, possibly LED light panel for video

Attachments

• $snow.jpg
    $snow.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 147
there's a LOT of types of photography that come up from time to time as suggestions for subforums here. If they added all of them, it would never end.
(personally, i would love to see a "wedding photography" section)

I'm not surprised.

Most posts about cars are about cars. NOT about photography.

This is not a car forum.

well, i can start uploading my car photography pictures. i was just saying the model of the car that i took a picture of, which is my car.

plenty of people post their car photos here. you will be in good company

well, i can start uploading my car photography pictures. i was just saying the model of the car that i took a picture of, which is my car.

Yes, and the thread will become one about your car. Not about the photography of your car...

Yes, and the thread will become one about your car. Not about the photography of your car...

well then how about you just stick to giving C&C. i didn't know that when i decided to post to this forum again that i would be met with such a prude.

Attachments

• $SRT4.jpg
    $SRT4.jpg
    591.7 KB · Views: 149
Cloud didn't say anything prudish.. he is entirely correct!

if thats the case, then noone could post anything here....
wedding photos would be about the bride/groom and not the photography,
flower pictures would be about the flower,
landscapes would be about the rocks and dirt,
see where this is going?
anything photographed can be about HOW it was photographed, and HOW it can be done better. its not the subject matter that is important, its what the OP wants to get out of it. we even have a section called "just for fun" where people can just share photographs without needing or wanting C&C.
anytime someone posts a picture with the intent of learning from it, then this is the right place for it.

well then how about you just stick to giving C&C. i didn't know that when i decided to post to this forum again that i would be met with such a prude.

nice pic, i dont know if the vingetting works though

nice pic, i dont know if the vingetting works though

in this picture i was playing with the built in "toy camera" feature. the picture is unedited except for re sizing. i recently discovered that the A57 has a built in HDR feature that will snap 3 pictures and turn it into an HDR picture for you, and you can set if you want it to be mild or strong (i guess it just makes the exposures for all 3 pictures more extreme)

Last edited:
How about a Girls in Bikini Thread ... I love cars, but here in Japan there are so many hotties in Bikinis in summer ... and next year on the 2nd of Jan is Adult Day and all females that turn 20 in 2013 will be in Kimono ... ...

OK I will go now ....

I really hate it when someone posts a landscape and some troll starts talking about where it was taken...

In all seriousness, you can't separate the subject from the photography! I like cars and I like car photography. What I will say is that your first image doesn't really feel particularly planned out or have any end goal, it's not all that special. Having said that I do like the second image you posted! You've got some great colour in there and it looks like you actually thought about what you were doing.

I really hate it when someone posts a landscape and some troll starts talking about where it was taken...

In all seriousness, you can't separate the subject from the photography! I like cars and I like car photography. What I will say is that your first image doesn't really feel particularly planned out or have any end goal, it's not all that special. Having said that I do like the second image you posted! You've got some great colour in there and it looks like you actually thought about what you were doing.

well thank you! i can upload more if you like. i have pictures of other cars if you guys want to see them.

Most reactions

Back