*Survey* Film photography in the 21st century

Completed. Can you post the results when you finish it? At least the multiple choice questions?
Yes of course. If you want to you could get my complete dissertation unfortunately only in german. But perhaps I ll write a summary in english too.
Thanks for filling it out !

Last edited:
Sorry I could not compleat your survey, it would not let me leave one blank and none of the options available were true for me.

The question asked.
How many rolls of film do you shoot approximately in one month?

I DONT shoot any ROLLS of film in a month. I shoot SHEETS of film. There was no option for 0 and it would not let me continue without selecting an option.
I am sorry for that.Unfortunately didnt thought of that.
I should have mentioned that this is my first survey ever so please excuse some of the mistakes I ve made.

Yes and I think the brackets for the number of rolls are too small. What would you make out of "6 and more" ? I shoot 25 and more, but that is not a representative to. Per year I shoot about 300 to 400 meters of 35 mm film plus now comes 120 film and sheets of 4x5. I guess that's much more then you gave a provision for. :D. There should be a text box to list, but I know, that you want to automate this survey as much as possible. I am still thinking how to answer to advantages and disadvantages of film and digital as here the border for me is a bit blurry. :confused:

Yes and I think the brackets for the number of rolls are too small. What would you make out of "6 and more" ? I shoot 25 and more, but that is not a representative to. Per year I shoot about 300 to 400 meters of 35 mm film plus now comes 120 film and sheets of 4x5. I guess that's much more then you gave a provision for. :D. There should be a text box to list, but I know, that you want to automate this survey as much as possible. I am still thinking how to answer to advantages and disadvantages of film and digital as here the border for me is a bit blurry. :confused:
oh ok hahah i didnt thought of that too. If I may ask why you shoot that much ?

Thanks for the response. What level? I'm curious to find out what class or project this is for.

Mmh its for my school leaving examination which is like high school diploma I guess. After that you are allowed to study and without that so called Matura you dont really have a degree and it is pretty hard to get a job.

:D Well, I like it, but it is not even close to number of frames created by digital people. You have to remember, that half of it are trials. Trials of different cameras, glass, film, chemicals and experiments in exposure and development. This is fun.

Idea of European type of Matura is not known in America.

LOL Martin, and I've been a teacher - not traditional classroom teaching in a long time, got out of that and into early intervention (birth to three).

Thanks, in the mean time I looked up Matura etc. (dissertation made me wonder, that's usually a higher level of post high school education here) - was interesting to learn about a system of education in another country.

Good luck with your survey and your project.

Most reactions

Back