Survey for professional photography course - need at least 30 responses.

Waking up before sunrise, taking shower, eating breakfast, gather equipment together, double-check you have all the equipment, heading out to area to shoot, realizing after shower you forgot to put clothes on...it doesn't help that you were going to shoot portraits for a high school yearbook...giggity

Seriously, batteries...serious problem...never too many...bad news when THAT shot presents itself and no battery. Dust on lens, sensor, mirror. Forgetting to switch settings between different shots...

AgentDrex,

U sure do have a lot of problems. lol. Thanks for your time.

I am going to have to say light.

The reason it’s the biggest problem for a photographer is because it can really ruin a shot, and at least outdoors it is often out of your control.

Even when using artificial light like a Speedlight, it is pretty difficult to get it right/perfect.

Of all the aspects of photography I feel that I am lacking in using artificial light the most. I also only have one Speedlight and no reflectors, umbrellas, etc. yet. So if I was going to shoot professionally that would be things I would need to buy a.s.a.p.

It goes both ways though; sometimes you get lucky and get amazing light and the perfect conditions. Some of the best photos you will see of nature and sunsets, etc. were only possible because of killer natural lighting conditions.

Hope this helps.

Neil

Thanks Neil!

Very well explained indeed. If only all the responses are as detail as yours, then I will surely get a distinction. lol. Yes, I do agree with what you mentioned. Once a world class photographer told me....try your best not to use flash. use natural light.

bigtwinky said:
Wedding photography = Uncle Bob with his cheapy camera following you around and getting in your way
Concert photography = being kicked in the head by a crowd surfer while shooting in the pit
Street photography = people who keep thinking you need to permission to shoot them
Portrait photography = ugly people
Food photography = being so hungry you eat the food before you shoot it

ROFL! Thanks for the chuckle!

My biggest challenge is explaining to clients that the photos I show them are the photos I am proud to attach my name to. Which means no, you may not see the ones that didn't make the cut.

Also, family and friends wanting photographs of events. I'm happy to do them if I'm already there but please understand I'm not an ambiance photographer...although I totally respect those who are! The product you get will not look the same as my semi-posed glamour photographs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back