Suspicious PM

Leo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got this PM today, 0 posts from this forum. He was inquiring about my camera strap. He wanted more information from me and he can only pay me by certified cheque. He needs my company name? (I don't even have a company) I am just a lowly employee. Needs mailing address/phone and fax number. Why the heck does he need all this info if he just wants to buy my strap.

Even thought my strap is still for sale, I told him it's sold.

Anybody ever get this type of PM? just curious.

kalla vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true);
TPF Noob!

My Photos Are OK to Edit

Canon Camera Strap
Hello

I am interested in buying the Canon Camera Strap that you have laced for sell now, and I would want to enquire about the resent condition of the above mentioned, as well as some detail about you. I expect this timely enough.

As for the ayment, I would need you to get back in touch with the last asking rice as I will be paying with a c/e/r/t/i/f/i/e/d c/h/e/q/u/e.

Lastly, lease forward to me your full comany's (or mailing address, telephone and fax) details as I will subsequently refer reaching you through these
facilities.

Yours interestingly,
Ismail Osman
Email me back your consideration at: [email protected] for confidential purposes.

Follow your own guts with that one. My gut would probably agree with yours.

In the future, it might be a good idea to forward these things to a mod rather than discussing them on the open forum, however.

After having more complaints about this user brought to my attention, this obvious scammer has been banned.

c/e/r/t/i/f/i/e/d c/h/e/q/u/e

That's no Bueno. There's got to be a reason they couldn't just spell it out.

In the future, it might be a good idea to forward these things to a mod rather than discussing them on the open forum, however.

Okay thanks, next time I will.

i think his P button is playing up

Most reactions

Back