Sustainability and photography business?

And when I say that "MAYBE" someone could....... (buy a Klean Kanteen or whatever else) it is a mere suggestion, not forcing something down someone's throat. You are either not comprehending what is being said or just have something against open discussion about living a green lifestyle.

LoL. Backpedle much? :lmao: :lmao:

Here, you tell me you didn't try to convince him to "go green"...

Maybe instead of using plastic or paper drinking cups you could buy a Klean Kanteen instead, and won't even have to compost!

What, exactly, WERE you trying to tell him?

LoL. Methinks you suffer from not only a lack of reading and comprehension skills, but short term memory loss as well. :lol:

Do you not see the bold MAYBE at the front of the quote you keep using?! At this point I am going to assume you are just joking about all of this. If you are serious, then you seriously have some comprehension problems. That quote is a suggestion. Something along the lines of "you should never be using any cups in the first place and should only be drinking from a KLEAN KANTEEN" would be forcing it down his throat. If he wants to go out and buy a Klean Kanteen because he just found out they existed and likes the idea of no more paper or plastic cups then great. If he doesn't I'm not going to sweat it for a second. If you can't tell the difference of a suggestion and forcing something down peoples throats then it will probably be impossible to have a grown up conversation.

Last edited:
Yes. That quote has a suggestion. And the quote before it has a statement that you're not trying to force anyone to do anything.

Force? No. You're too insignificant to force him to do anything. Pursuade? Absolutely. The intent is the same. They hypocrisy is the same.

You're trying to push your liberal green agenda on us. And in the same breath you're trying to pretend you're not doing it.

How predictably liberal of you.

So, did you read the stuff I posted about the US vs China as pollutants? I see you simply ignored it. ;)

Yes. That quote has a suggestion. And the quote before it has a statement that you're not trying to force anyone to do anything.

Force? No. You're too insignificant to force him to do anything. Pursuade? Absolutely. The intent is the same. They hypocrisy is the same.

You're trying to push your liberal green agenda on us. And in the same breath you're trying to pretend you're not doing it.

How predictably liberal of you.

So, did you read the stuff I posted about the US vs China as pollutants? I see you simply ignored it. ;)

The assumptions you jump to are laughable. I did read the little pieces of articles you posted... but that hardly shows that you really understand the bigger picture of the earth's condition and how it is worsening at a pretty alarming rate. The fact that you think water and forests are infinite is pretty scary.

I am not trying to push any liberal green agenda on anyone. I don't even have a liberal green agenda! The stuff you are making up from a thread about brainstorming ideas for photographers to be more green is ridiculous. The fact that I am quite conservative is beside the point. Your ability to instantly come to random assumptions is pretty entertaining, but we need to stop this nonsense. I can see you aren't here to help offer any suggestions or add to any serious debate, so I don't think you will be any help in this thread. Thanks for stopping by anyways.

When you say you live pretty green out of concern for yourself, your kids, etc, how is that not also out of concern for the planet? Don't they go hand in hand?

Yes and no. Yes because I want to leave as clean a planet as possible when I die. No because, when it comes to environmental problems I don't believe one person can make much of a difference. The problem is too vast and requires cooperation from the world community which I am not likely to see.

Perhaps it is YOU that needs to read something... :twak:

With an average of 200 books a year (less than 10% of which are novels) I don't think I need a reading lesson from you. And I read from all sides while you're 3 quotes all come from the same side...

Not only that, they are all US sources. Do you know what the rest of the world says on the subject? Not that we actually need to go outside the country, we do have honest people talking about our problems. They just don't get heard much because we prefer to keep our heads in the sand.

LoL. Typical.

You sit there and attack me instead of discussing the points.

When you grow up and figure out where our drinking water comes from and what will happen if the earth really does increase by 1 or 2 degrees in temperature in the next hundred years come back and we'll have a big boy talk about what really happens in a green house and how plants deal with the so-called pollution that is Co2.

And cloudy, I quoted this side of the issue because I am arguing for the facts on this side. If you'd like to debate the facts about this, from either side, I'm game, and capable. There's plenty of fuel for both sides to debate this argument.

I simply choose to believe the more rational side that believes in conservation while not taxing people for breathing. ;)

When you say you live pretty green out of concern for yourself, your kids, etc, how is that not also out of concern for the planet? Don't they go hand in hand?

Yes and no. Yes because I want to leave as clean a planet as possible when I die. No because, when it comes to environmental problems I don't believe one person can make much of a difference. The problem is too vast and requires cooperation from the world community which I am not likely to see.

Perhaps it is YOU that needs to read something... :twak:

With an average of 200 books a year (less than 10% of which are novels) I don't think I need a reading lesson from you. And I read from all sides while you're 3 quotes all come from the same side...

Not only that, they are all US sources. Do you know what the rest of the world says on the subject? Not that we actually need to go outside the country, we do have honest people talking about our problems. They just don't get heard much because we prefer to keep our heads in the sand.

I totally understand where you are coming from. That is probably the toughest part about living a green lifestyle. It takes more effort and money and it can be hard to see the personal benifit. However, if you want to leave as clean a planet as possible for you children then I still think the two go hand in hand. Might its just be a difference of perspective.

Most reactions

Back