Swedish Watercross National Final (sleds on water)

polymoog

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.polymoog.se
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Let me know if the set is too long or the images too big ...
Pics taken with Nikon D7000 + Nikkor 70-300

All C&C welcome :) - I always try to get shots from as many angles as possible, which means the light is not always in my favour, but sometimes I try to get away with "artistic lisence" so let me know if I succeeded or not ;)

skot037.jpg

skot040.jpg

skot049.jpg

skot055.jpg

skot060.jpg

skot061.jpg

skot063.jpg

skot066.jpg

skot071.jpg

skot075.jpg

skot078.jpg

skot079.jpg

skot080.jpg

Very nice set. #1,5 and 13 for me. #1 and #5 you got the eyes

You crazy Swedes...:D

You crazy Swedes...:D

Uhhh, yeah.... #13 is pretty nifty. I like how in #6, we can see a bit more of the crowd and the lake setting; tight close-ups are nice, but they do not show "the event", or "the spectacle" created by such an unusual thing as snow machines on water.

Thanks for all your replies!

Ronlane : sorry, I'll keep the sets shorter in future, thanks for replying :)

MSsnowy : thanks, I'm always extra glad if I can get a pic where you can see the rider's expression :)

runnah : absolutely ;)

Derrel : interesting point, I do usually go for slightly more zoomed out shots, but have been experimenting with tighter crops as I sometimes feel they give more impact. However, I agree with you, all close ups and no background, do not tell the whole story. Maybe something like these would be a bit better? (from the same event)

skot004.jpg

skot013.jpg

skot014.jpg

skot006.jpg

#7 is very good, but #13 is clear the winner here haha. Very nice picture. Congratz!

This is just silly! (But wayyyyyyy cool!) Nice set, and yes, agree, #13 is THE shot of this set. Well done!

I like #7 and #12 having the subject suspended in midair with lots of spray and fir trees in the background. And 13 is awesome, love the almost ghostly mistiness. Beautifully done.

Sid51 : thanks :)
tirediron : yes it is, esp when they sink ;) But huge fun as well :) Thanks for your comments :)
vintagesnaps : thanks :)

I'm glad people like nr 13, this is why I always go round the other side of the bay at this event, when the sun is actually in the way, to get these kinds of pics ...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back