Swedish Winter Sunset

AugustMyhrman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went out for a walk with a friend of mine and we took these. What's good and what can be improved?

Had some problem with my new wide angle lens: chromatic aberration. Tried to clean it up.

Canon 600D
18-55 IS (blue sky)
Don't know what the wide angle one is called

Attachments

• $Sunset Sverige.jpg
    $Sunset Sverige.jpg
    965.3 KB · Views: 82
  • $Sunset Sverige Malte.jpg
    $Sunset Sverige Malte.jpg
    516.1 KB · Views: 85
Below opinion is considering those shots despite overall poor image quality (seeing exif I can't understand why it is this way?) - pictures look blurry and out of focus.

The first one is just a regular shot in my opinion - I can't see any topic in there. The ground and horizon line is too dark. The sky is quite good however I feel like it is a few minutes too late to achieve the best view.

The second one is much better! There is very good composition (standard and not surprising but still best old fashion way!) and I'm glad that there are lack of details in shadows - it makes picture more dramatic.
I'd like to see second one in more panoramic view (I'm not a fan of such sides proportions). In my opinion it is quite a good shot actually.

I think the poor image quality is because lack of light and that I didn't use a tripod. And maybe it was the wide angle lens? Anyway, thanks for the critique

EDIT: I just found out I was scammed. The wide angle lens is horrible, and bought in Chinatown, SF... Read alot of negative reviews

Last edited:
regardless of image quality the 2nd picture I like! if you bump up ISO and adjust EX comp to like -1 , -2 you should be able to this handheld and be sharp!

I think the poor image quality is because lack of light and that I didn't use a tripod. And maybe it was the wide angle lens? Anyway, thanks for the critique

EDIT: I just found out I was scammed. The wide angle lens is horrible, and bought in Chinatown, SF... Read alot of negative reviews
The second image is suffering with lens diffraction, at F36 you won't be able to get sharp image. Try using F8 to F16.

Most reactions

Back