Switch1FX take a look.

D-50

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just wondering how you get your HDR's to have so little noise, do you run them through a anti noise program or is there another technique you use?

Anyone else with advice feel free to answere as well.

Thanks

You're not going to see much of any noise in the vastly reduced sizes that people post up on here. Noise just comes with HDR's, and the more micro contrast, the more noise.

For noise reduction though, I use Neat Image, or CS2's noise processing filters. The more I use CS2's, the more I like it.

I'm proud of the minimal amount of noise my images have. In some cases, even at full-res, it's almost non existant. But...that's because I clean it up :D

Like Switch said, noise is inherant with HDR's. I use Imagenomic Noiseware Pro. It gives me total control. It allows me control the noise based on color, luminance, tone, separate tones, hues, highs, mids, shadows...everything.

I work my noise on a separate layer. Most of my noise is introduced in the sky, which is normal. So I smooth out the sky, then unmask where needed to bring back edge detail.

The achievement of a good HDR just takes practice. You really need to learn the controls and how they effect the contrast of the image. Once you figure that out, you'll instantly notice less noise :)

Thank you, got somework to do tonight.

Most reactions

Back