Sydney Hot Babes Street Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have too. One of my professors said when he critiqued such a picture "why'd you do her like that with such a snapshot!?"

because I was walking around with Canon S95 not a DSLR

because I was walking around with Canon S95 not a DSLR

No matter what camera, I understand her being mad at that pic!
readfacts.gif

Yeah....I don't really see the merit in this shot....I'm sorry...

be more specific please? What is wrong with this picture apart from her expression.

be more specific please? What is wrong with this picture apart from her expression.

They're being polite about telling you this is nothing more than a snap of a person who's mad you took their picture. The photo says nothing else.

that's the whole point of street photography.

Hmm ok, let's see.
I'm the best at this myself so don't expect me to come up with the best critique, but this is mainly what I think is wrong with the image:

1. It's crooked.
2. Composition is meh... You cut off half of her feet and butchered her friend.
3. The colors are slightly dull and boring.

Yes, street photography might be about 'snap shooting', I like 'snap shooting' myself actually.
But snap shots should look good too. Composition, lighting and post processing are just as important as with normal shooting.
The only real difference between street photography and studio/planned photography is the fact that you should be able to see interesting images and be able to capture them immediately because they might be gone within a few seconds.

I don't really know what you mean by crooked.

I will be more careful not to cut off feet. Her friend is not a concern. Should have cut her out in PP.

I can not control the colour and the lighting. It's the camera. But I will be getting the Fujifilm X100 should provide me with much better result.

I don't have a computer that's powerful enough to run powerful PP software such as PS or Lr though. So I have to do with what I can.

Last edited:
Well you could try Gimp first.
It's free and pretty good. :D

Crooked means the image is tilted slightly, in this case to the left.
Colors and lighting can always be editing in post processing so you should really try and get some post processing software running.

It has a certain artistic statement to it. A sort of modernist feeling. It's like, "Hey,pervy guy with your camera at the mall, get the eff away from me,you creep!" The world needs photos like that.

Well you could try Gimp first.
It's free and pretty good. :D

Crooked means the image is tilted slightly, in this case to the left.
Colors and lighting can always be editing in post processing so you should really try and get some post processing software running.

to the left do you mean anti clock wise?

It has a certain artistic statement to it. A sort of modernist feeling. It's like, "Hey,pervy guy with your camera at the mall, get the eff away from me,you creep!" The world needs photos like that.

This is really depressing, Yesterday was the first time I really took the courage to the street. It was the first time doing street photography. Had people calling cop on me and stuff. Sad to say this was my best picture, because most of the are taken from side of the person as I didn't have the courage.

How can I photograph people up close from the front without getting in trouble?

Derrel, if that how people really think of me then I don't really see me getting into photography any more. Street photography is the only type that interest me and maybe portrait but I don't have that kind of money to buy expensive DSLR and light equipment. I just bought a X100 online and I already don't feel like use it this weekend after I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back