Sync Cable

bethkleinpeter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys,

I'm trying to find out what kind of sync cables I need for the Pocket Wizard II. I have a Canon 5d Markiii with an off camera 600EX flash. I need to order the sync cables but I'm not sure on the specific name. I think I need the 1/8 to PC but I wanted to check in before I ordered the wrong cable. Thanks for the help :)

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, I believe that the cable you would need, to connect a PW to your 600EX, is a 1/8 to PC.

I personally don't like the PC connection, it has a tendency to come out or just generally be loose. I often prefer to use something like THIS, so that I can use a 1/8 to 1/8 cord.

I agree with everyone else that the cord appears to be a 1/8" to pc connection.

If you follow the rabbit hole on B&H, it leads to this cord: PocketWizard PC-1 Miniphone to PC Cable 804-301 B&H Photo Video

On an unrelated, un asked note: do you already have the pocket wizards or are you also preparing to buy them? If you're buying them, I think they should come with the cord (although, if they're plus ii's, they're used, so who knows). Also, have you considered Canon's radio transmitter? If you're only planning to use 600's, it may be a better, more cost effective solution.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back