T2i thoughts and advice re: good deal?

allthingsapple

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I am very close to buying my first dSLR. I have my heart set on the Canon T2i, and think I have found what appears to be a good deal, but being a newbie, would appreciate any thoughts.

I would like to buy the T2i camera body only, which I have found from a website called Thunder Cameras for $299. I then want to buy a 50mm 1.4 lens, which I have found on Amazon for $359. If I were to purchase these, it would mean I could get the camera and a very nice lens for just under $700, which sure seems like a good deal to me. But hey--I'm a newbie, so WHO KNOWS!! :lol:

I am so glad to have found this site as I know so many people here have tons of experience and good advice, so any such information that you could share would be most appreciated!

Many thanks!

Y-I-K-E-S! (Said by Shaggy with Scooby in the background)...

Thank you! See, this is what I mean. Had no idea, but after reading reviews, well, let's just say I now have an idea!

Okay, so maybe around $1100 for camera body and good lens, and peace of mind that I bought from a good place.

Looks like I have some more work cut out for me............guess I'll do a search on TPF to see if anyone has recommended good places to buy online.

Again, thanks!!

Maybe it is a canon T2, not T2i LOL

Hi! I am in the market for a T2i as well, planning to purchase this week. I have pretty much spent my entire day off researching and looking for the best price, and so far the best I have found is at Costco, the T2i with the 18-55mm IS lens and the 50-250mm IS lens, comes with a memory card and a case. It will probably be my choice. Newegg.com had the camera with the 18-55mm IS lens for $799, and the 50-250 mm IS lens for $210 if that helps. I didn't see what the price was for just the camera body there.

My wife and I just bought a t2i with kit lens for Christmas. At the time, we found the best prices through Amazon and B&H. They were within a few bucks of each other. In the end, we went with B&H photo because they had an additional deal on 55-250 zoom at a considerable savings. I have since purchased several other items from B&H. Prices are very competitive and their service can't be beat.

I think the T2i is set to be replaced, I'd hold tight or pickup a 30D or 40D for a fraction of the price.

Hi! I am in the market for a T2i as well, planning to purchase this week. I have pretty much spent my entire day off researching and looking for the best price, and so far the best I have found is at Costco, the T2i with the 18-55mm IS lens and the 50-250mm IS lens, comes with a memory card and a case. It will probably be my choice. Newegg.com had the camera with the 18-55mm IS lens for $799, and the 50-250 mm IS lens for $210 if that helps. I didn't see what the price was for just the camera body there.

Any idea what Costco's price is? Thanks for the info....we'll have to compare notes if we both end up with this camera!

Any idea what Costco's price is? Thanks for the info....we'll have to compare notes if we both end up with this camera!

Costco - Canon EOS Rebel T2i 3.7 Frames Per Second HD Video 1920x1080

$1049.99 for Costco's with the 2 lenses, bag, and memory card. They also have another package but it's like $400 more.

Most reactions

Back