T2i vs 1Ds Mk II

Carny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Don't have time to do much research, but I have a T2i now. I could get a 1ds Mk II for about the same price. I know the 1d is old, but is it still a lot better than a T2I?

I understand on the FF. Is an old top of the line camera better than a newer bottom of the line?

T2i =Crop Senor... 1D = Full Frame...

Wrong. 1D does not necessarily mean full frame. 1Ds, and the up and coming 1Dx are full frame. Regular 1D camera's have an APS-H sized sensor (1.3x).

Carny, going from a Rebel to a 1 series Canon (no matter how old) is a huge leap. If you're not a pro, don't buy a pro camera. I honestly think it would just turn you off of photography. Just my humble opinion.

I totally dont understand why you are comparing the 2. The prices are not even close to be the same. I would understand it more if you were to compare 1Ds II vs 5D II. 1Ds II is $1200 more than a T2i.

I totally dont understand why you are comparing the 2. The prices are not even close to be the same. I would understand it more if you were to compare 1Ds II vs 5D II. 1Ds II is $1200 more than a T2i.

I found one that would only end up costing me about $200 after I sold the T2i.

I understand on the FF. Is an old top of the line camera better than a newer bottom of the line?

It is in a different league and still used by lots of pro's because they didn't think the extra for a MK3 was worth the money

I found one that would only end up costing me about $200 after I sold the T2i.

I highly doubt it is the 1Ds II. Maybe it is the 1D II

I think you'd be disappointed. It doesn't have a lot of the bells and whistles and gadgets your current camera has. It's kind of a different world of cameras and if you don't know what you are doing the 1D isn't going to be so friendly.

MLeek, can you be more specific? What are the 'extras' I might miss?

Pop up flash, Auto setting, the lens you have with your camera won't work on the 1D. Unless you are only going to run the 50 1.8, you're not going to fit your budget because of the lens expense.

Why not look at a used 40/50D?

I have two ef lenses, and I don't use the pop up flash or auto.

This one just caught my attention because it is being sold cheap.

Check shutter count, if too below price market.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back