Taco Bell.....

It's not like anyone didn't know that already, and whoever thinks fast food meat is actually all meat is incredibly ignorant.

Take McDonalds for example, they say their hamburgers are made from 100% beef. That's right, they are because the name of their supplier is "100% beef." McDonalds made a company so they could advertise "100% Beef" without lying to the customer.

If given the opportunity, I choose Chipotle over Taco Bell every time. :thumbup:

It's not like anyone didn't know that already, and whoever thinks fast food meat is actually all meat is incredibly ignorant.

Take McDonalds for example, they say their hamburgers are made from 100% beef. That's right, they are because the name of their supplier is "100% beef." McDonalds made a company so they could advertise "100% Beef" without lying to the customer.

Got a link to read? I've been told the report about the "100% Beef" company was a hoax. 100% Beef has a very loose meaning... 100% cow more like it.

They can serve that stuff (including the 35% taco meat). My only concern is false advertising and purposely misleading the public. I for one very rarely show up at a McD's and I haven't been to Taco Hell since High school days. There are other fast food restaurants (Subway, Five Guys, etc) i will go to but I am concerned that I am being mislead as to the quality and ingredients.

This was required reading for a college level course I took. it was a good read

Fast Food Nation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I pretty much just show up once in a blue moon to McD's for a 4 piece nugget and soda. Don't know why but I still do... reminds me of when my father would take me there during financial tough times that hit our family in the early 80s.

Got a link to read? I've been told the report about the "100% Beef" company was a hoax. 100% Beef has a very loose meaning... 100% cow more like it.

They can serve that stuff (including the 35% taco meat). My only concern is false advertising and purposely misleading the public. I for one very rarely show up at a McD's and I haven't been to Taco Hell since High school days. There are other fast food restaurants (Subway, Five Guys, etc) i will go to but I am concerned that I am being mislead as to the quality and ingredients.

This was required reading for a college level course I took. it was a good read

Fast Food Nation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I pretty much just show up once in a blue moon to McD's for a 4 piece nugget and soda. Don't know why but I still do... reminds me of when my father would take me there during financial tough times that hit our family in the early 80s.

Fast Food Nation is a really good book, I read it a few years back. Really makes you take a look at what you're eating and where it's coming from. If you liked that book, you'd probably also enjoy Food, Inc. and The Omnivore's Dilemma. Very interesting reads!

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll have to check both of those books out.

I recall a part that featured a bunch of students working at a McD's who decided to form their own union of sorts. Very impressive for a bunch of High school students. Felt bad for them after McD had their way with them.

I always thought that McD got away with the "Made with 100% beef" ad because it was only listing one of the ingredients in the product which happened to be 100% beef. It makes no mention how much of a % of beef you get in each burger though - just that it will contain some beef - in theory - probably about 0.01% of the actual burger ;)

Apparently Taco bell is about to get a quadsteak quesidilla or something, My buddy works there and said something about that lol... Anyways, I've never been much of a fan of fast food because of that, I rarely eat fast food with the exception of like a whataburger or steak n'shake, chick-fil-a that sort of stuff..

LOL. I was reading that at work today.

I can't even remember the last time I ate fast food... I'm not some health nut or anything like that, I just think it's a huge waste of money. For what it would cost to buy fast food for the family dinner for one night, we could eat for a week.

If given the opportunity, I choose Chipotle over Taco Bell every time. :thumbup:

There's a huge difference between Chipotle and Taco Bell. Chipotle is expensive, taco bell is cheap. $2 for a dollop of guacamole in your burrito? F*ck you, i'm going to taco bell where i can get a double-decker, bag of chips, and a 20ish oz drink for the same price!

Chipotle is pretty good though, no doubt.

The GREAT thing about Portland is the abundance of "Roach Coaches" aka food carts, now there's some good fast food that's often times priced about right.

If i'm walking into a fast food establishment, I like to go to a place here called Muchas Gracias. I've only seen them on the west coast, but it's basically Taco Bell but with a shred of authenticity and 600 items on the menu. I can't go to Taco Bell and get fresh Huevos Rancheros (with rice, beans, and 4 corn tortillas) cooked up in front of me for $3.50. Their Chorizo Breakfast Burrito (with rice instead of potatoes) is the greatest thing in the world that's $3.70.

Well we don't have Taco Bell in Canada... however we do have Taco Time which amazingly good. ha.

I work in a mall and i usually get up too late to pack a lunch so i usually either go without food or eat from the food fair or occasionally go to the grocery store next store and hit the bakery or deli section for some fresh food. Anyway I try and stay away from the New York Fries, Orange Julius/Dairy Queen, Mcdonalds, A&W type stuff and stick to Subway, Tim Hortons etc but sometimes you just get a craving for something fattening ha. Anyway the point i'm trying to get to is that Taco places(atleast over here) are of the better fast food chains than a lot of the others.

Regarding the Mcdonalds thing here it is straight from Snopes.
snopes.com: McDonald's 100% Beef

On a side note i've heard some awful things about Burger King. Not about it being a bad restaurant so much but more about what the meat is made out of.

Most reactions

Back